Monday, May 25, 2015

six months down

Wow, I can't even believe it's been six months already! Time seriously just flies by so quickly! I feel like it was only a few weeks ago that I got to the crazy beautiful country, but at the same time I feel like I've been in sweden for forever and I just never want to leave! I hope you all are having the happiest Memorial Day! 

this week we have been ALL OVER THE PLACE. Lots of good times to report on!

COOL STORIES:
  • We celebrated Elder Pearson's birthday and my 6 month mark on tuesday. We went on a cool hike and I burnt my tights on top of a cliff. It was the greatest ever. Definitely a day that I'll never forget! I am so blessed to be here as a missionary. I get to meet the coolest people and see the prettiest country in the whole world. 
  • We had Zone Training in Göteborg this wednesday. So I went on splits with Sister Allred and she cut my hair for me :) Not too short, just a trim. We also went to the biggest candy store I have EVER seen in my entire life. Sweden knows godis. 
  • Sister Sandelin and I were in charge of activity night this week. So we did minute to win it games. Oh my goodness, it was just crazy! I got covered in shaving cream (shaving balloons activity) and we had a super good time. I love being able to do fun activities with the YSA and I love that they all want to get together and have fun!
UPLIFTING MOMENTS:
  • While we were in Göteborg, we were able to go to a baptism. The Utby elders put together a great program. After he came out of the water I just wanted to clap and cheer hahaha :) It's always the GREATEST seeing people change their lives and wanting to follow Jesus Christ. I can't even explain how happy I was for him (and I didn't even know him)
  • There's this new convert here named Amy. She was a self referral in the beginning and she was baptized only 2 weeks after first meeting with the missionaries. She's basically the most prepared person in the whole world. We were able to go over to her apartment this week and have a great lesson with her about Enos. She wants to get to know the Book of Mormon better so we've decided to start sharing stories with her to get her more familiar with it. She is the cutest woman ever. She is so so excited to go to the temple for her endowment (she can go next year! hopefully I'll be serving around a temple and I can go and be with her :) ) 
  • Last night one of the YSA, Marina, accidentally left her computer at the church so she went to go and get it at like 8:00. She ran into this little chinese woman walking up to the chapel. This woman wanted to look around the church so Marina showed her what it looked like and then got her phone number and set up an appointment for her to meet with the missionaries (us!) this morning. So today we came to the church and started teaching her. She doesn't speak much english, so we called a new convert that lives in Kristianstad to translate for us. I am so impressed how well everything went down with the huge language barrier. She was glad to meet with us and told us she wants to meet with us EVERY SUNDAY. So we are really excited! 
  • Lasse is still so excited to be baptized! We taught him the word of wisdom yesterday and he was so ready to commit to it! I LOVE PEOPLE!!!!
COOL PLACE: the cliffs by the lake


​ 
I hope you all have the greatest week ever! Challenge for the week is to PRAY DAILY. You can always have a better relationship with your heavenly father :) 

puss och kram!
syster janessa brink
prepping to burn the tights

Photo sent to me by YSA Leader Alexander Hegyessy

YSA Leader Alexander Hegyessy sent this to me.
A picture we decided had to be sent to you.

hike through this crazy swamp! happy 6 months! :)

Another picture from Alexander

world's biggest candy shop

sister sandelin likes selfies
i'm looking like a dork, but this little primary boy is the cutest

this is what i get for being in the "splash zone"

hanging out on the beach!!! the water is COLD.


I just love being a missionary!!!! it's the greatest thing I've ever done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment