Monday, May 9, 2016

proclaim it on the rooftops

this week has been amazing.

pday was a little crazy, and we weren't sure if we'd be able to actually make it to IKEA, but we did, and it was fun :) we even got some lunch there before heading to home evening. 

IKEA!

On tuesday we went on splits with the stockholm sisters and I got to go with Sister Anderson. She's a new missionary here and I am absolutely blown away with her. She is fantastic :) She showed me around stockholm and introduced me to both members and investigators alike. We had a lesson with some of their investigators that are going to be baptized soon, George and Elvis, and they were fantastic. 

The whole day I was walking around the city just in awe of everything (as I usually am when I get to go to stockholm) and feeling so grateful that I get to even be here. We went back to their apartment in Södermalm and once we got there sister anderson was like, "I want to show you something." So we took off our shoes and she opened the window of their top floor apartment and climbed out. Both of us out on the roof, we walked around and looked over the harbor and watched the sun set over the skyline. I don't think I've ever seen anything as beautiful as that. It was a once in a lifetime experience. While standing up there, I said a little silent prayer thanking Heavenly Father for Sweden, and for the people, and for the blessing I've had to be here. Standing up there made me realize how much all of this means to Him. He loves this country even more than I do. He gave me a little glimpse of what He sees when He looks at Sweden. 

Stockholm

We also had the opportunity this week to teach the husband of one of the members here. Her name is Linda and his is Lars. He hasn't been baptized, and just recently started meeting with us. We had a couple really tender lessons with them this week. 

Other things this week included discovering less active members that we didn't know we had and talking with EVERYONE we could. 

Yesterday for Mother's day was a great time to talk with the family and share the testimony I've been able to develop day after day in the Lord's service. 

in my entire life, I have never come across anything that parallels missionary work. I just feel grateful that heavenly father and Jesus Christ trusted me, little sister janessa brink from highland utah, to be a conduit for the spirit here in Sweden. 

until next week,
-syster janessa brink


stopping to pick some flowers

me and Johanna

me and sister Anderson on our morning walk

No comments:

Post a Comment