Tuesday, December 15, 2015

green christmas

It's been a good week! We had a fun last pday of the transfer and had dinner with an investigator. Sister Taylor and I went to a photo shop to print off some pictures for our district and on our way back to the car I slipped and fell hard core right in front of this old woman and i brought sister taylor down with me. I don't know if i told you, but sundsvall has turned into a giant field of ice, so we've been sliding just about everywhere nowadays. 

Tuesday was sister taylor's last day here in sundsvall, and we spent it cleaning some stuff up, packing, and talking to some people out on the street. then we got on a train and took a long ride down to Västerhaninge. We stayed the night with the sisters there and the next morning dark and early I put sister taylor on the first of 3 trains for Jönköping. Gonna miss that girl like crazy. We had so much fun together! 

From there I got myself all ready to go and get my brand new green little missionary! I got to talk with my friends, Elder Backman and Sister Bateman from the MTC, while we were waiting for our lilla grönsaker :) It was actually a good reunion with like, half the mission, because we have 28 new missionaries this transfer. we have a good number from the states and the MTC and then we have a handfull of visa waiters. When everything was ready we walked into the big room where all the new missionaries were sitting and I was so excited! One by one they all read where they were going, and I got my new companion, Sister Davis, from Laguna Beach CA! 



We got in just before dinner on wednesday night, so there's not much to report on other than another couple of long train rides to Sundsvall. 

Thursday we had district meeting and a lunch together as a district. On the way to the pizza restaurant we talked with the bus driver and his friends, and they were interested in getting a book of mormon in turkish, we'll have to find them on the bus again, cuz the number they gave us got shut off. 

Sister Davis is already like super good at swedish (probably better than I was when I first came) and we had a good day of contacting and teaching. We have been having a lot of fun together!

We had a super great lesson with Farhan and Bakhtiar. They were really excited to hear about the plan of salvation and they are both nervous and excited for baptism. It's so good to have armin there to talk to them about everything, cuz he went through all of this not to long ago himself. 

Yesterday we went to a Lucia Pagent at the swedish church. Lucia is held around the darkest time of year in sweden. We're at about 7 hours of daylight right now. It's a celebration of light and it was super pretty! Poor sister Davis was so tired she was falling asleep, but at the end we got a picture with the lucia girl. 

We're going down to stockholm for pday, so I don't have tons of time! I love you guys so much! 

have a great week!
syster janessa brink

the one with the green milk was a prank i pulled on her (the only prank i will pull on her haha) I told her that all the milk in sweden was green. 





No comments:

Post a Comment